Subject: Re: [boost] Misuse of warnings-as-errors?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-01 13:06:19

or else
> they're not that important and warnings-as-errors shouldn't be enabled by
default
> anywhere?

In an ideal world yes, blizzards of warnings are a PITA, but ...

It often is isn't that simple, and a thankless task.

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/WarningsGuidelines

I think the consensus is that if you enforce warnings-as-errors, then you are on
your own.

You may be able to do it, but if not, then tough. We did our best but ...

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse