Subject: Re: [boost] [asio] intergrate with message loop how to
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-05 09:57:55

On May 4, 2014, at 2:46 PM, microcai <microcai_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> but, we can't access to the IOCP HANDLE used by asio. that's said. very said.

> again, that required access to epoll fd used by asio.
>
> if asio can expose these internal HANDLE or fd , that'll going to be
> more powefull !

I'm not excited about exposing a normally rightfully private value of a platform-dependent type - that would require platform-dependent code to use properly anyway.

Perhaps you might propose a cross-platform asio API extension that could give you control at the times you want, using the completion-handler mechanism?