Subject: [boost] [context] Using Boost.Context on the BlueGene/Q
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-07 08:18:06

Hi list,

I was very happy to see that Boost.Context has been fixed for PPC64.
Thanks a lot for that. I was able to verify that the fix worked on the
BlueGene/Q. Both on the Head node, which is a POWER7 and the compute
nodes which are a PowerPC A2.

However, in order to build the library, I needed to manually call the
assembler as the predefined commands did not work. For example, the BG/Q
provided assembler doesn't know the "--64" switch and the assembler i
want to use is called bgclang-as instead of plain as. For the compute
nodes, I additionally want to use the -ma2 flag to have the proper
assembly generated.

Is there a way to have that configurable by the user? Right now, the
only way i could find to fix that is to manually edit the Jamfile.v2 in
the context build directory. Any advice or hints to fix it properly are
highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

--
Thomas Heller
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg