Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost dead? [Re: Anyone is interested in being review manager of ‘Application’?]
From: Philip Bennefall (philip_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-08 14:28:16

On 2014-05-08 19:59, Sohail Somani wrote:
> On 08/05/2014 11:56 AM, Niall Douglas wrote:
>> For sure, Boost has been slowly dying since 2011 now. I'll be
>> talking on that exact subject at C++ Now on Saturday week, which I
>> assume will be as popular as a funeral.
> Can you say that? I think that the main Boosters were busy moving to
> Git. That took a long time and from my perspective, they did a good job
> given what they were aiming for. I disagree with the whole modular Boost
> thing, but it will probably take a couple of years and some releases
> before we can say that it was worth it. Has there even been a git-only
> release yet? I don't think so.
>
> Too bad I won't be there to attend this funeral! Would have liked to
> hear your points.
>
> Sohail

For my own part, I'd be very sad to see Boost die. It has been an
invaluable resource of quality code for me thus far and I hope that
it'll continue to grow. Clearly there are still people interested in
submitting libraries, there are still release/review managers etc, just
that the move to GIT seems to have slowed things down a tad. But I'd
hope that we are merely seeing a temporary drop in the release schedule
rather than the end of the whole project.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall