Subject: Re: [boost] [RFC] Modern CORBA C++ IDL Mapping and implementation
From: Alexey Tkachenko (iskaspb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-13 10:04:19

On 11 May, 2014, at 9:20 am, Felipe Magno de Almeida <felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Where I work we are implementing an open source, modern, CORBA
> implementation and IDL mapping.
During last 10 years I went through number of companies that decommissioned
their CORBA middleware in favour of something else. Current generation of
software developers even don't consider CORBA for new projects.
There are alternatives like ICE ZeroC (http://www.zeroc.com/iceVsCorba.html)

CORBA has historical significance and well developed set of concept but
is it really alive?

> We want it to support C++ and C++11 IDL mapping, but we also want to
> create another IDL mapping.

You are right that new IDL mapping can revitalise CORBA.