Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost dead? [Re: Anyone is interested in being review manager of ‘Application’?]
From: Stephen Kelly (hello_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-09 07:01:34

Sohail Somani <sohail <at> taggedtype.net> writes:

> If this is the case, then the main change I would suggest is that Boost
> needs to be easier to work with. Currently, the modular thing works
> kinda OK but it's a giant PITA to fork.

It is a giant PITA, partly because it is not modular. The git migration was
a migration to 100 fractured git repos, not modularized git repos.

If you want to modularize, then decide that that is a goal for Boost and I
will help.

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/245078

I think at least one of the reasons my efforts did not get support from the
right people is that modularization is not currently a goal for Boost. Some
people in Boost think that modularization is already done. It is not.

Thanks,

Steve.