Subject: Re: [boost] [RFC] Modern CORBA C++ IDL Mapping and implementation
From: Johnny Willemsen (jwillemsen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-13 13:18:57

Hi,

> Why I believe this approach is better than current IDL to C++11
> mapping: Because the IDL to C++11 mapping is too intrusive. You can't
> really use normal classes you have written for use as servants in
> CORBA because you have to inherit from Skeletons classes *and* you
> have to use the *exact* same signature as defined in the mapping. This
> is *way too restricted*. This is also inerent to the OO paradigm that
> CORBA uses.

it is true that the current IDL to C++11 mapping only has inheritance
support for servants. It doesn't have a delegation model, at the moment
we worked on the spec we needed inheritance and didn't want to
standardize delegation without a good feeling about it.

If you have concrete proposals how the IDL to C++11 spec can be extended
with a delegation model, contact me directly, that is definitively
something that could be added to the specification.

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
http://www.remedy.nl