Subject: Re: [boost] [utility] Moving addressof out of Boost.Utility
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-13 18:10:55

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Is there really a reason to create a submodule for a single header?
>
> I thought we've settled the dependencies of Boost.Utility by moving
> some components to separate submodules. Extracting addressof.hpp won't
> remove any dependencies.

Ideally there would be a more sensible home for addressof (e.g. if
there was a Boost.Memory or similar library).

I probably misinterpreted the outcome of the discussion on Utility. I
thought the plan was to eliminate it, and move its contents into more
appropriate existing libraries (or create tiny libraries for them).

Keeping Utility around but enforcing that nobody adds anything to it
that would bloat its dependencies seems fine too, although perhaps
less easy to achieve.

Glen