Subject: Re: [boost] Boost review of the Convert library is ongoing
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-14 09:24:42

framework.

> Please try to sum up your review by answering these questions:
>
> What is your evaluation of the design? Looks as though most users
requirements can be satisfied.

> What is your evaluation of the implementation? Not qualified to judge.

> What is your evaluation of the documentation?

 Good - but could be improved.

* By providing the worked examples in full in a folder /example. Examples are
the first place that many users look at - before the reference docs. I believe
that the files exist (used to provide the code snips in the docs), or could be
easily written.

* Some use of fonts for code I thought unusual (and not an improvement ;-)

* Using Quickbook snippets system to ensure that the code in the documentation
really compiles and runs.

* Adding Doxygen comments to describe briefly the files, functions etc (so users
can find which include files may be needed?)

> What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
Essential tool.
> Did you try to use the library? No - through lack of time.
> How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A quick reading.
> Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain? No

Comments:
I don't understand the timing figures given in Performance section. Some items
refer to MSVC express 10, other detailed tables in Boost 1.55 to 11? No Clang
results?

> Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?

Yes - it has been through enough iterations to 'hit the streets' - and get
further feedback.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow