Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts on Boost v2 (was: Re: Is Boost dead? [Re: Anyone is interested in being review manager of ‘Application’?])
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 16:07:41

On 16 May 2014 18:10, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I would say that my
> opinions on this are so extreme that no one agrees with me, and I
> expect my presentation at C++ Now tomorrow to not be popular.

I really don't understand you. You wish to influence the direction
boost takes, and yet you try your hardest to persuade everyone to
reject your ideas.

> 1. To reduce the amount of human work involved in maintaining Boost.
> What Dave and Daniel had to do for the git conversion last year was
> far above what anyone should ever feel they need to do.

That was their decision, my preference was a simpler conversion.

And I still ended up picking up some of the pieces when they abandoned
it. I don't understand myself either.