Subject: Re: [boost] Boost review of the Convert library is ongoing
From: alex (alexhighviz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-19 09:54:15

That's not what I had in mind, and in the example you give I would expect
that the user (not the library) first converts the hex string to a number
and then the number to a decimal string.

I just expected the converter to be able to convert any Input Streamable
value(including string) into a string, and a string into an Output
Streamable value (including string). That is how I understood the type
requirements.

The type-requirements page also seems to suggest that you can use the
stringstream convert for (for instance) from float to int, but I assumed
that is not intentional?