Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts on Boost v2
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-21 07:49:37

On 19 May 2014 at 18:51, Michael Caisse wrote:

> On 05/19/2014 06:47 PM, David Stone wrote:
> > As the author of bounded::integer, I do intend to submit my library to
> > Boost at some point, for whatever that is worth. It's just not in a state
> > that is ready to submit yet (but soon it will be). I suspect that, as a
> > C++14 library, it will have an interesting process getting in, but maybe
> > the next Visual Studio preview will be out by then, which looks like it
> > might support all the features I need.
>
> We welcome C++14 libraries and I see no problem with a submission on
> that basis alone if it is supported by at least two compilers.

For me personally, I would vote for an instant rejection for any
library not compilable to the MSVC ABI irrespective of any other
factors. The MSVC ecosystem is too large to ignore to call code
portable without compatibility.

I'll happily accept a MSVC CTP compiler, or even WinClang if they fix
SEH support. It just needs to spit out working MSVC ABI binaries.

VS2014 is a serious improvement over VS2013, but the lack of member
function constexpr is going to be a problem.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/