Subject: Re: [boost] Boost contributing tutorial (GitHub)
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-21 10:17:44

Hi Adam,

Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014, 15:17:17 schrieb Adam Wulkiewicz:

> https://github.com/awulkiew/temp-contributing

Nice text.

> Would you be so kind and see if everything is ok wth it?

Yes, but I would mark the section "Verify if your fork works*"*

https://github.com/awulkiew/temp-contributing#verify-if-your-fork-works[1]

as optional or "for first time users".

What is missing is the rationale for always creating new branches, for features and bugs
fixes. The description is ok, but the reader does not get why he should to this.

And at the end you should add a short description that more commits can be added to
the pull request by adding them to branch and pushing them.

And I think GitHub hat some manual pages which could be linked in at several places.

> In praticular I'd like to hear if this model is good for modular Boost
> in general?

Basically this is the way I've submitted all my pull requests.

Nice work.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1