Subject: Re: [boost] Boost review of the Convert library is ongoing
From: Vladimir Batov (Vladimir.Batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-26 22:01:55

Rob, Thank you for your review. It's much appreciated. I feel that your
review echoes the feelings of many other reviewers who mercifully voted
"yes conditionally" which in reality can only be viewed as "yes" to the
desire/idea to have such a library but "no" to this particular
approach/design under consideration. And that's fine by me. Maybe,
indeed, conversion is far too contentious an issue to see a considerable
number of people prepared to compromise. Or, maybe, it might just be
that the review format is flawed where every reviewer comes with his own
(potentially contradicting or not implementable) conditions/ideas but it
is the author's responsibility alone to walk the walk... and maybe even
defend somebody else's designs against later criticism. :-) Regardless
it was fun even if somewhat exhausting trying to answer every "why and
why-not" thrown at you. :-)

Thanks, Rob. Thank you everyone.