Subject: Re: [boost] [smart_ptr][intrusive] boost::unique_ptr<>
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-29 21:08:20

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remember that there was plans to release an "official" STD-conformant
> implementation of boost::unique_ptr<>.
> I found:
> http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/unique-ptr-for-C-03-td4650231.html
> http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/C-03-unique-ptr-emulation-td2658449.html

Though both threads are about a C++03 emulation of unique_ptr, I
wonder if it is worth providing a boost::unique_ptr for C++
implementations still in use that support enough of C++11 r-value
references but ship with a broken, or non-conforming, std::unique_ptr
implementation.

[Such as VC10 and VC11 whose std::unique_ptr has a broken reset() or
whose std::unique_ptr has a broken conversion to bool when a different
deleter type is specified. I believe there are a few bugs reported
about VC12's std::unique_ptr but I haven't looked into them.]

Glen