Subject: Re: [boost] Adding detection of [u]intptr_t to Boost.Config (moving it from cstdint.hpp)
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-30 14:13:42

On Friday 30 May 2014 18:54:20 John Maddock wrote:
> >> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> >
> > I have no problem if cstdint.hpp is moved as a whole, including its docs
> > and tests. It seems, it only depends on Boost.Config (except for
> > Boost.Detail in tests). What I wouldn't like is to split it into
> > different headers across different libraries. As I mentioned, cstdint.hpp
> > is supposed to reflect cstdint, so it should provide all the typedefs.
>
> Hmm, I guess the question is where will users expect to find the
> docs/tests for that file? My guess is that it's probably not in config,
> but I may be wrong....

I'm not sure either, but Boost.Integer looks no better place than Boost.Config
to me. What I'm certain of is that splitting implementation, docs and tests
between different submodules it not a good idea.

I think we could leave a link in Boost.Integer docs to Boost.Config so that
people used to the current docs don't get confused after the move.