Subject: Re: [boost] throw or boost::throw_exception?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-31 07:13:55

>> I'm starting to wonder if all the "workaround" headers should be moved
>> into Config (provided they don't depend on anything else). This would
>> be one candidate I guess?
>
> You mean boost/exception/exception.hpp? That doesn't look like a workaround
> header.

The rationale is that boost/throw_exception.hpp started off at least as
a workaround for compilers with exception handling turned off (and is
still required for such), the fact that it pulls in one header from
Boost.Exception as well is a side effect, but a not-unhappy one in that
it stops endless "why do I need to depend on Boost.Exception"
discussions, if that one header shift to Config.

John.