Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] proposal and poll
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-31 07:46:11

Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Nat Goodspeed wrote:
>
> >> If you do want that, then consider whether my recommendations linked in
> >> the start of the thread are specific or concrete.
> >
> > Steven, you specifically mean this post, yes?
> > http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/10/207384.php
>
> I posted a follow-up too:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/245078/focus=245806
>
> Many respondents in this thread would benefit from reading the links
> Julian posted I think. Many have not done so it seems.

Here's a summary of Stephen's proposed changes from the above post:

1. Move enable_if from utility to type_traits
2. Next, move boost/detail/workaround.hpp to the config library/repo [done]
3. Next, move boost/limits.hpp to the config library/repo [done]
4. Next, move boost/detail/iterator.hpp and
boost/iterator/iterator_traits.hpp to the type_traits library/repo
5. Next, move boost/iterator.hpp from iterator to the utility library/repo
6. Move boost/version.hpp to config [done]
7. Next, move boost/pointee.hpp from iterator to detail
8. Move exception/detail/attribute_noreturn.hpp into config
9. Move boost/throw_exception.hpp and exception.hpp into utility
10. Move parts of {vector_,}property_map into graph_parallel