Subject: Re: [boost] [multiprecision] General/design query about which conversions should be implicit/explicit
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-31 09:49:29

Le 31/05/14 13:56, John Maddock a écrit :
> Folks,
>
> I have an open bug report
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/10082 that requests that
> conversions from floating point to rational multiprecision-types be
> made implicit (currently they're explicit).
IMO, any conversion that loss information must be explicit. Only one
conversion that doesn't loss information could be implicit.
I guess that there is no implicit conversion from rational
multiprecision-types to floating point.

Does the floating point to rational multiprecision-types really don't
loss information, i.e. does the following hold?

double d1 = 0.1;
rational_mp r1 = d1;
double d2 = double(r1);
rational_mp r2 = d2;