Subject: [boost] Proposal: Boost.Core
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-31 10:21:42

I propose the creation of a new module, Boost.Core, a repository of Boost
core utilities.

The criteria for inclusion into this module would be that the utility
component is (a) simple, (b) used by other Boost libraries, (c) does not
depend on any headers outside of Core and Config (and perhaps Assert).

Its primary purpose would be to break dependencies. It will not serve as a
repository of "this might be useful".

Based on the interest so far, I volunteer myself, Glen Fernandes and Andrey
Semashev as maintainers.

The following utilities are immediate candidates for migration into the new
module:

- addressof
- enable_if
- boost/pointee.hpp
- boost/indirect_reference.hpp
- boost/type.hpp

In addition, the following can be duplicated inside to reduce dependencies:

- mpl::if_, if_c, eval_if
- detail/is_incrementable.hpp
- remove_cv

and so on.