Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Boost.Core
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-31 21:54:04

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Ok, let's give it a try and see what happens. :) First, we need a new
> submodule...

We have it, in develop. I've seeded it with a few headers from utility that
met the criteria:

- boost/utility/addressof.hpp
- boost/checked_delete.hpp
- boost/utility/enable_if.hpp
- boost/noncopyable.hpp
- boost/ref.hpp.

Of these, noncopyable.hpp may be a bit controversial, being arguably an
end-user header and not a core utility. It is, however, used by the Type
Traits library:

http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report/type_traits.html#utility

along with enable_if.hpp and declval.hpp. enable_if is now in core,
declval.hpp both uses and is used by Type Traits and will migrate there
earlier or later, so moving noncopyable into core allows us to cut the link
between Type Traits and Utility.

Next obvious targets: boost/iterator.hpp, boost/detail/iterator.hpp,
boost/detail/lightweight_test.hpp, boost/cstdint.hpp (if it doesn't go into
Config).

Then we probably need to look at

http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report/mpl.html#detail

and

http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report/mpl.html#utility

That last dependency, on value_init.hpp, I had missed. Oh well.