Subject: Re: [boost] A few more critical dependencies
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-02 17:10:18

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 3. mpl depends on detail because
>
> detail:
> <boost/detail/endian.hpp>
> from <boost/mpl/string.hpp>
> <boost/detail/lightweight_test.hpp>
> from <boost/mpl/aux_/test.hpp>
>
> boost/detail/endian.hpp is just a forwarding header that includes
> <boost/predef/detail/endian_compat.h>. We should move it to Predef.

Although I would gladly accept a move of boost/detail/endian.hpp to Predef
(since I'm the sole author at this point). A much nicer solution would be
to change boost/mpl/string.hpp to use the non-detail endian macros of
Predef. As ti gets us closer to removing detail/endian.hpp entirely.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything