Subject: Re: [boost] Pervasive dependency upon mpl::bool_
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-03 07:39:19

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>
>> That is ok, if we decide that Boost.Core can depend on Boost.MPL.Core.
>
> Because then blank.hpp will depend on mpl_core, and we won't be able to move
> it into core? True, unfortunately.
>
>> Otherwise there's not much point in such extraction as MPL doesn't have
>> many dependencies itself.
>
> http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report/mpl.html

Utility will go away as soon as we deal with value_init.hpp. Detail -
when detail/endian.hpp is replaced with Predef. Config, PP,
StaticAssert and TypeTraits are left. Not so bad already, almost all
of them are valid dependencies of Core. TypeTraits might further be
replaced with Core.TypeTraits.

So what do you think, is it worth to split MPL?