Subject: Re: [boost] Looking for git help for Boost releases
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-03 17:54:02

On 3 Jun 2014 at 11:10, Marshall Clow wrote:

> > If a single command is not a requirement, you could just do a normal
> > git clone, then copy the sources without history in a separate
> > directory and apply todos/fromdos (depending on the system you're
> > running and the desired line endings). You'll probably have to use it
> > with find and file masks.
>
> I´d really like to avoid this, because of the possibility (probability?
> certainty?) of getting some of the line endings wrong. The information on
> which files should have "native" line endings is part of the git repo,
> and I´d like to figure out how to use that.
>
> I don´t mind it being multiple commands, since I´m going to put them in a script.

I would urge you to revisit my earlier proposed solution.

You may not be aware it was me who wrote the .gitattributtes for
Boost, and myself and Dave mostly implemented the EOL infrastructure
into the git conversion tool. I know what I'm talking about here.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/