Subject: [boost] [modularization] About sub-sub-module path/names..
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-04 14:11:24

This past week I spent time to update my documentation tools to the
latest to get the Predef release done. As part of that I created my
own mini-Boost that is both minimal to just getting Quickbook compiled
and I can control when updating
<https://github.com/grafikrobot/boost-doctools/tree/develop>.

One frustrating aspect of building that repo was that I made various
accidents in adding submodules because of naming. And a key one was
the structure for the numeric submodules
<https://github.com/boostorg/boost/tree/develop/libs/numeric>. So I
have one basic question:

Is there a *good* reason why numeric submodules need to have their own
subdirectory?

It would seem to me much easier to understand if all submodules where
flat and on the libs/* dir. The uniformity would also remove various
special cases I saw in build and testing code files. For example some
special code in Boost/Jamroot
<https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/develop/Jamroot#L149>.

--
-- Rene Rivera