Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Thank you Daniel James
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-05 11:10:03

Eric Niebler wrote:
> I was the one who took Joel de Guzman's QuickDoc tool, which generated
> HTML, re-purposed it to generate BoostBook XML, and rechristened it
> QuickBook. It has been terrifically useful, and other have run with it.
> As others have pointed out, the Docbook toolchain is powerful. Escaping to
> BoostBook/Docbook XML is a great way to Get Things Done when QuickBook
> doesn't offer a pithy syntax. And as Daniel points out, Doxygen generates
> XML which can be integrated with the XML spit out by QuickBook, allowing
> you to easily link from your user docs to your reference and (with some
> difficulty), the reverse.

Thanks for the explanations. I've actually did get that running, and it's
not remotely as difficult as it first appears. The main problem is a
psychological one - download this from site A, that from site B, that other
thing from site C, but be careful to not download something else from there.

The installation procedure could probably be improved considerably by just
putting docbook-xml and docbook-xslt into our repository. I'm not sure how
things would stand license-wise though.