Subject: Re: [boost] New dependency report
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-05 13:56:59

On Thursday 05 June 2014 19:39:21 Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> What I'm just suggesting is to put all the libraries that form a
> cycle into the same strict module
> For what you report I would create a module
>
> type_traits<=>mpl<=>utility<=>typeof
>
> This macro-module can be at level 4. The libraries that depends on one
> of this library would depend on this macro-module. We will see what
> needs to be done to break this cycle.

I don't think we should place components together just on dependency basis.
Modules now roughly correspond to libraries that serve different purposes. I
like the separation. Merging libraries together is a step backward to
monolithic Boost, IMO. It doesn't remove any dependencies, it simply hides
them.