Subject: Re: [boost] New dependency report
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-05 13:59:35

Le 05/06/14 19:46, Peter Dimov a écrit :
> Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>
>> If declval moves from utility to type_traits we break the
>> type_traits->utility dependency.
>
> That's already done.
Great, the dependency type_traits->utility dependency is broken then.

>> I would also move typeof to type_traits.
>
> I'd actually handle this in the opposite way, by moving common_type to
> typeof.

typeof is an emulation/workaround of a missing C++98 feature. It seems
to me natural that this library should be quite close to the Core module.

Anyway, here are the alternatives:
     A- Create a macro-module common_type <=> typeof
     B- Extract common_type from type_trais in an isolated module.
     C- Add typeof to type_traits.

A- Peter?
B-
C- Vicente