Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] Announce: New Build time configuration feature
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-05 15:51:50

On Thursday 05 June 2014 19:01:32 John Maddock wrote:
> In develop only is a new feature to make configuring targets at build
> time easier, from the docs:

[snip]

> Let me know what you think, and enjoy :-)

Looks great, thanks for implementing this. A couple of questions:

- Is it possible to use it to conditionally compile parts of the libraries? My
gut feeling tells me that it should...
- Is it possible to add other checks, not covered by Boost.Config? Either by
adding such checks in the library scope or by some other means?

I'm asking because I have conditionally compiled parts in Boost.Log that
depend on whether the compiler supports SSE/AVX and message compiler. I also
have to compile tests to detect that, and I'd be glad to simplify it somehow.