Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] How to remove the Math -> multuplecission dependency?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-06 03:55:52

> John, ther is a cycle between multuprecision and Math.

I know.

> how can this dependency be removed?
>

> /math ->multiprecision/
> <http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report-6d1f271/multiprecision.html>
>

> |<boost/multiprecision/cpp_dec_float.hpp>|
>
> * from |<boost/math/constants/generate.hpp>|

I would argue it's a "false positive": the header generate.hpp is a
maintenance header used for generating new numeric constants, and the
dependency to multiprecision is optional (inside #ifdef's). It is
however documented, so I'm loathed to just move it. There are quite a
few of Math's dependencies that are introduced via similar headers that
exist for maintenance/testing/optional use, and are not included by any
of the "include everything" entry point headers.

John.