Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Moving <boost/math/common_factor_ct.hpp>to TypeTraits
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-06 07:04:38

John Maddock wrote:
> I'm not saying you're wrong to move these - they are compile time
> functions rather than the usual Math lib stuff, but we shouldn't get too
> carried away moving everything "just because".

+1 on not getting carried away. We're almost done with the initial flurry of
moving things around; this was temporary and should not be our usual
procedure. Ideally, breaking a dependency from X to Y should be done or
initiated by the maintainer of X. Or, failing that, by the maintainer of Y.
:-)

Still, ...

> Users still have to be able to find their stuff...

... 'integer' would be the first place I look for static_gcd due to it
already having static_this and _that.