Subject: Re: [boost] Review manager for Boost QVM?
From: Erik H (ice.rikh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-06 14:50:57

Hi Emil,

Apologies for being yet another random support requester :) I use GLM
<http://www.g-truc.net/project-0016.html#menu> here and there and boost
quite a bit; replacing the GLM dependency with boost::QVM is therefore
attractive, assuming it is approved. As a GLM user, I have a couple
questions:

Would I have to use QVM with my own matrix type if I want to feed a QVM
matrix to glUniformMatrix4fv without a temp copy? With GLM, I do this
using, for example, glUniformMatrix4fv(fooLoc, 1, GL_FALSE,
glm::value_ptr(fooMatrix)).

If I do have to make my own matrix type, does QVM depend on matrices being
stored as a 2D arrays rather than flat arrays addressed internally using
the usual data[row*width + col] (or data[col*height + row], if you prefer)?

Thanks,
Erik