Subject: Re: [boost] clang failing core/detail_iterator_test?
From: Eric Niebler (eniebler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-07 01:34:43

On 06/06/2014 02:53 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>
>> I can reproduce it locally with clang 3.4. Shows only with -std=c++11
>> -stdlib=libc++. Trying to dig further.
>
> Ah. Sneaky hobbits. Conforming extension my posterior. :-)
>
> (Actually, it _is_ a conforming extension, by a strict reading of the
> standard. Still, I'd have preferred a little less cleverness.)

std::iterator_traits will be required to be SFINAE-friendly. See n3923:

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n3923.pdf

There was a debate in the Redmond meeting about making the testing for
iterator_category strict, like Howard has it in libc++. That was voted
down. I think Howard is going to have to change libc++ in this regard.

Eric