Subject: [boost] [testing] Dissapearing regression results
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-07 08:43:45

Hi,

I noticed that for the latest runs the tests of Geometry are missing.
Surprisingly not all, 2 tests for geometry/index sublib are present.

Initially I thought that it may be caused by the recent modularization but
I didn't noticed any problems in any of the libraries I checked randomly.
Besides, I made some changes in Geometry recently, which AFAIU shouldn't
cause any problems, but I guess you may never know. What I changed was:
- creation of some files
- moving of some files
- adding a Jamfile in a directory different than test directories
(doc/src/docutils/tools/support_status)
- uncommenting tests in file extensions/test/nsphere/Jamfile.v2

So I decided to try running the tests by myself. I tried:
1. Windows + GitBash -> a lot of "can't find xxx file" errors (b2 headers
didn't work properly)
2. Windows + GitBash with admin rights -> exactly what can be seen in the
tests, bjam.log shows that only 2 tests from Geometry was choosen for
testing
3. Windows + cmd with admin rights -> everything is ok (in case you wanted
to check it - runner Test2)
4. Linux -> also everything is ok (runner Test)

Is it possible that I was lucky and something was fixed yesterday evening
(between 2nd and 3rd attempt)?

Might my changes cause some problems? E.g. because of some state kept by
the runners?

In Geometry we have Jamfiles not only in test and xxx/test directories but
also in examples, docs and in the main module directory. May this cause
some problems?

At least for me, on Windows b2 headers now requires admin rights. Otherwise
the links just aren't created. Is it because of the replacing hardlinks
with symlinks?

Another thing is that symlinks aren't properly created for all libraries.

AFAIR previously something like this happened after the addition of sublibs
file. I don't remember exactly but it was probably caused by the same names
of the older tests and newer ones from different directories, so not the
same issue?

Is there something we could do about it?

Regards,
Adam