Subject: Re: [boost] [core] Breaking bugfix in scoped enums
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-07 09:08:40

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 5:37 AM, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Saturday 07 June 2014 11:02:12 Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Peter I don't know to what I was thinking :(
> > An enum (scoped or not) is always implicitly convertible to its
> > underlying type.
>
> Scoped enums must not implicitly convert to integers, be that underlying
> type
> or not. See 7.2/9 [dcl.enum].

Right. The File System TS made that mistake, and there was an issue filed.
Presumably Boost.Filesystem docs are also wrong. It would be very helpful
if the scoped enum emulation detected an implicit conversion attempt as an
error.

Thanks,

--Beman