Subject: Re: [boost] New dependency report
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-07 14:00:28

Andrey Semashev wrote:

> Pulling type traits to Core doesn't sound good, it's better to create a
> separate submodule for it.

I think that you misunderstand. I do not intend to put type traits in Core.
The is_pointer definition in the example is part of the test for bool_. It
demonstrates that bool_ can dispatch without it being coupled to the
definition of the trait - which can come from core_type_traits, from std, or
from a user specialization.

> It's still a partial solution...

When you say that it is a partial solution, what problem do you have in mind
it is a partial solution for?

> ... since
>
> f(is_pointer< int >::type());
>
> is also valid with the current implementation.

Well, so is

    is_pointer<int>::value_type x = is_pointer<int>::type::type();

but I'm not sure what is the practical impact of these examples.