Subject: Re: [boost] core/swap tests appear in core?
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-08 18:21:19

Daniel James wrote:
> On 6 June 2014 23:39, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Or, to be more precise, does anyone know how we can make them appear on
>> their own page. :-)
> You create a sublibs file in the root of the module. You can see them
> in functional, utility, spirit etc.

And AFAIK besides creation of this sublibs file in the module's main
directory you have to separate sub-library tests from the library's
tests. It's even more magical because it seems that the test directory
is special for bjam. To display properly on the regression tests list
the directories containing tests should reflect exactly this pattern:

module/test
module/sublib1/test
module/sublib2/test
# etc.

So in the case of Core the tests for swap should be placed in
core/swap/test (NOT core/test/swap). Then you'll see swap tests
separated from other Core tests.

You can play with it running

b2 status --dump-tests --debug-configuration

and checking the generic paths generated by the bjam for all of the the
tests.
To simplify things you may leave only Core tests in status/Jamfile.

Regards,
Adam