Subject: [boost] boost::system::error_code and std::error_code
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-09 04:01:32

Is there any plans to add a conversion operator from boost::error_code to
std::error_code or alike?

I was designing a class that I'd like to be usable pleasantly with boost
variant of error_code and C++11 variant of error_code, but my design was
getting rather complicated (multiple inheritance, templates with no type
deduction, ...) and I give up after I came to the make_error_code function,
which would be called by the error_code constructor if is_error_code_enum
was specialized (which was) and we cannot overload function based on return
type (then would be difficult to make it work with
boost::system::error_code and std::error_code).

TL;DR: What the plans for migration from boost::system::error_code to
std::error_code?

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://about.me/vinipsmaker