Subject: [boost] mpl, type_traits (Was: New dependency report)
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-09 07:26:49

Ion Gaztañaga wrote:

> > MPL. But it's relatively easy to implement without MPL. Ideally in my
> > mind:
> >
> > MPL --- depends on --> TTraits--- depends on --> (Traits)Core.
> >
> > Or even:
> >
> > MPL --- depends on --> TTraits--- depends on --> (Traits)Core.
>
> Sorry, I pasted twice the same, forget the second repeticion. Ctrl+V
> problems, you know.

MPL -> TypeTraits is also breakable. Outside of workarounds, the genuine
dependency is in mpl/empty_base.hpp, which is another example (like
blank.hpp) that illustrates that it is at present not possible to define a
new type trait (is_empty_base) or to specialize an existing one (is_empty)
without including a TypeTraits header.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/boost/mpl/empty_base.hpp