Subject: Re: [boost] [Modularization] new Memory module
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-09 16:25:39

El 09/06/2014 18:56, Vicente J. Botet Escriba escribió:
>>> Interprocess allocators are only usable by Interprocess users, I
>>> don't think they should be outside.
>>
>> Sorry, I wanted to say container|
>>
>> <boost/container/allocator_traits.hpp>||
>> <boost/container/scoped_allocator.hpp>|||

Ok, I missed scoped_allocator_adaptor. That could be useful for other
containers.

>> Boost.Thread uses allocators for future<T>.

Ok. And more allocator-aware classes are coming in the next standard.

>> Please, take the time you need about this new module/library that
>> could contain things similar to the ones found in <memory> except the
>> smart pointer part.

Ok. I can think also in boost::intrusive::pointer_plus_bits
(boost/intrusive/pointer_plus_bits.hpp).

So far:

<boost/container/allocator_traits.hpp>
<boost/container/scoped_allocator.hpp>
<boost/intrusive/pointer_traits.hpp>
<boost/intrusive/pointer_plus_bits.hpp>

And when properly tested and tweaked, if considered useful for other
containers, some allocators defined in:

boost/container/

Best,

Ion