Subject: Re: [boost] align/alignment_of (Was: [Modularization] newMemorymodule)
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-10 12:40:09

Peter Dimov wrote:
> I thought that the use of offsetof as a test was pretty clever, actually.
> Not sure what you're going to replace it with.

Was going to replace it with a handwritten offsetof macro that would
never be a built-in.

> we just made that public on Clang in C++03 mode to make it happy.

Done.

> Why have you removed the use of BOOST_TEST_EQ, by the way? Now we can't
> see what the differing values are when a test fails.

No good reason; it's back.

> The good news is that msvc-12.0 passes everything. The not so good news is
> that msvc-8.0 fails ~1600 tests and msvc-10.0 fails ~2400. :-)

Taking a look now; I suspect it's because it is using
std::alignment_of in the cxx11-version on VC12, and __alignof is
yielding values of 1 for things in the msvc-version on VC10 and lower.

Glen