Subject: Re: [boost] New dependency report
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-11 18:01:40

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On a related note, I can see addressof, checked_delete, enable_if,
> noncopyable, ref, value_init tests and some docs in Utility as well.

value_init is still in Utility, I think.

> I think these should be moved to Core or removed, if the tests in Core
> already cover these cases.

On the one hand, test duplication wastes resources.

On the other, I prefer leaving the old tests there for a release or two, to
be on the safe side, because it'd be possible for the new tests to diverge
and no longer test previously valid functionality. (An obvious example would
be testing boost/core/header.hpp instead of boost/utility/header.hpp.)