Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] spirtit -> serialization
From: Stephen Kelly (hello_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-14 12:34:30

Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

>> Here is a graph which assumes the range->algorithm edge removal and
>> treats math<->lexical_cast as an incidental module:
>>
>>http://www.steveire.com/boost/2014_jun_before-spirit-serialization.png
>>
>> And after removing the serialization->spirit edge:
>>
>>http://www.steveire.com/boost/2014_jun_after-spirit-serialization.png
>>

> I don't think the serialization -> spirit dependency must be removed
> forcedly. As I said in another post the opposite seems unuseful as the
> file is not used.

Let's try to keep the discussion to serialization and spirit. The other
things you note are off topic in this thread. Try to look only at the
interaction of serialization and spirit.

Look at

 http://www.steveire.com/boost/2014_jun_before-spirit-serialization.png

If you remove spirit->serialization, the cycle

 spirit -> pool -> thread -> date_time -> serialization [ -> spirit ]

still exists.

First question:

  Do you see that?

Thanks,