Subject: Re: [boost] clang toolset on mingw passes -mthreads instead of-pthread
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-16 05:37:38

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> I might be mistaken, but my recollection is that last time around,
> clang/windows support was a local change somebody worked on. There's no
> clang support for Windows in develop, and I'm not aware of any pull
> requests to add it. Further, I recall in our last discussion you indicated
> clang support for threading on windows is defective in some way and not
> worth pursuing further.

There are two things that can be described as "clang on Windows". One is
clang-cl.exe, the clang that tries to emulate MSVC. It's not usable. Other
is the plain clang++.exe, compiled to use MinGW. The second one uses the
"clang.linux" toolset and works more or less fine except for the issue in
the subject line.