Subject: Re: [boost] [accumulators] broken on msvc
From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-16 12:33:02

On 06/16/2014 09:23 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 6/16/2014 9:11 AM, Edward Diener wrote:

>>> Looks like it doesn't fix things. If Edward's is indeed the problematic
>>> commit, I wonder if he'd be willing to look into this. Edward?
>>>
>>> This is the commit:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/preprocessor/commit/c66ea5871fd44274f681f02323c4d46bdf394c7c
>>>

>>> *All* msvc accumulators tests are currently broken on develop by this.
>>
>> I have backed out all the changes I made to preprocessor so the
>> accumulators problem should now be fixed. I will look at the issue of
>> why the macro was failing with my VC++ changes when I have some time.
>
> I have not been able to do this correctly. I can do a 'git reset --hard
> abranch' to the local branch I want to back out 'develop' to but as soon
> as I try to push this to the remote develop I get:
>
> hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is
> behind
> hint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.
> hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
> hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.
>
> Is there some way I can back out the changes I have already pushed to
> the remote develop without having to manually back out each change
> manually on the latest 'develop' branch before I push it to the remote
> develop ?

You aren't going to want to use reset on something you have pushed
remotely. Take a look at "git revert". It will generate the changes
required to back-out 1:N commits into a single commit. History is
preserved and life is good.

The command is quite powerful and you should be able to do whatever is
needed to get the commit into the state you want before pushing.

hth
michael

--
Michael Caisse