Subject: Re: [boost] big problem with dependency changes
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-17 01:15:41

On 06/16/2014 07:55 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>
>> I didn't think it mattered if hard or soft links but clearly it does.
>
> I'm not using soft links, FWIW. b2 uses hard links and junctions for me,

OK, junctions are used for the directories on Windows if symlinks are
not working.

> and it works reasonably well. Perhaps I'm not stressing it enough though.

perhaps, but it could also be something else. I you do not mind, could
you try in a clone for used testing only, or at least not where you have
work you have not committed:

rm boost/filesystem.h

b2 headers

cd libs/filesystem

git reset --hard HEAD

then edit

boost/filesystem.h
or
libs/filesystem/include/boost/filesystem.h

Then compare them, if they are the same, then I am very interested in
understanding why.

--
Bjørn