Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Missing libs/core file
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-18 09:02:58

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Barend Gehrels wrote:
>> After --init, run it also without --init because it does not update
>> the already initialized submodules.
>
> That's not true, at least for me. I never use "git submodule update"
> without --init, and everything updates fine.
>
> git pull
> git submodule update --init

Yes, I also always use --init and it's ok (btw,
http://git-scm.com/docs/git-submodule). However this option is probably
needed only if we expect that there were new submodules added recently.
So e.g.:

git checkout develop
git pull
git submodule update --init

Then to be sure:

git submodule foreach 'git checkout develop; git pull'

And if the files were relocated, new module created, etc. you should
also probably delete the BOOST_ROOT/boost directory and rerun b2 headers.

And AFAIK the similar procedure is done by the regression testing tool,
besides that it downloads the clean clone and runs b2 headers from scratch.

So the above works for me.

Regards,
Adam