Subject: [boost] blincubator comments
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-19 11:37:14

Hi Robert,

First of all, great idea and thanks for doing it. The concepts are solid
and the site will be a great help for users and authors alike.

It appeared that it was not possible to add any reviews anonymously. Is
this by design? Does one have to register? It would be clearer if the
page was unavailable or that there was a placeholder requiring the
visitor to register before they could view the "submit review" page[1].

I closed the page after writing a review and being unable to submit
because it seemed the site was buggy and so I set out to submit a
report, but maybe the mistake was that I was supposed to have registered
first. It was unclear.

Also, if you ever do consider writing another version, consider Django
because the admin interface[2] could allow you to generate a nice
interface without futzing around with plugins and can also help you
create a more maintainable site because it forces you into a structure.
I'd be happy to help if you choose to go this way.

General question: are there any other sites/applications of this kind
out there? It seems to be a generally useful thing to make it easier to
solicit user contributions for open source software. The closest would
be a fork+pull request in Github that people can comment on. Maybe
that's enough, I don't know.

[1] http://rrsd.com/blincubator.com/review/?library_post_id=769
[2] http://www.djangobook.com/en/2.0/chapter06.html

Sohail