Subject: Re: [boost] Help with understanding regression test results
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-23 06:32:31

> On Monday 23 June 2014 09:46:56 Andrzej Krzemienski wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Recently I observed lots of test cases showing as failed in regression
> > tests on branch 'develop' in Boost.Optional:
> > http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/optional.html
> >
> > When I try to inspect the results they are either empty or refer to the
> > places in the code that do not exist anymore in branch 'develop', as
> though
> > the test environments were using partial results of GIT commits. But the
> > test dates are after the last commit, so it looks like something is
> broken
> > with the testing framework. Anyone can help me with figuring out what to
> > do?
>
> Which tests do you mean?

This one, for instance:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/teeks99-03e-Ubuntu12-04-64-boost-bin-v2-libs-optional-test-optional_test_value_access-test-gcc-4-8-debug.html

The error message quotes a piece of implementation:

value_or ( U const& v ) const { return this->is_initialized() ? get() : (v); }

But there exists no such code in the current implementation in branch
'develop'. I am using no ternary operators (I used to in the previous
commits). The test's date is that of today. My last commit was on Friday.

Regards,
&rzej