Subject: [boost] Attempting to Compile on AIX 6.1 with gcc
From: Axel Ismirlian (aismirl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-24 13:00:00

Hello everyone,

I have been attempting to compile the entirety of boost on AIX 6.1 with
gcc. Currently, I am compiling for 32-bits. I have had some moderate
success by specifying extra flags to the compilation, but some issues
persist that may require code change (or simply more explicit linking) and
as a result I am at loss of what to do. Here are some of the issues that
pop up:

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .test_main(int, char**)

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: init_unit_test_suite(int, char**)

I think these two are linking issues, but I am not sure how to include the
missing files. The first primarily affects boost.asio, but others are
affected as well. The second primarily affects boost.conversion.

gcc.link ../bin.v2/libs/math/test/test_bessel_k.test/gcc-4.8.1/debug/link-static/test_bessel_k
collect2: fatal
error: ../bin.v2/libs/math/test/test_instances/gcc-4.8.1/debug/link-static/libtest_instances.a:
 not a COFF file

In the math library I get this issue, and also many floating point
constants are being truncated to zero. Is there any way to prevent that?

Allocator = std::allocator<long unsigned int>]
    BOOST_MP_FORCEINLINE BOOST_CONSTEXPR cpp_int_backend() BOOST_NOEXCEPT{}
../boost/multiprecision/cpp_int.hpp:1032:41: note: candidate expects 0
arguments, 1 provided

These compilation errors resolve around multiprecision. I don't know how to
proceed on this error at all.

I am currently compiling with the following command:
../b2 -a "cxxflags=-fpermissive -g" "linkflags=-lpthread -lc128
-Wl,-bbigtoc"

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated! Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
-Axel